January 23, 2007

Yuhi Chala Chal Raahi

Looks like I am on a travel-spree. My cousin's wedding was scheduled on 11th in Puttur [Dakshina Kannada] and I had to accompany my parents. I wasn't all that excited considering the fact that most of my time would be spent idling away at functions. It did turn out that way. And that's what I did for half the trip, but the other half? Well...visiting temples of course!!

But I did find the place very scenic, comprising of vast rivers, tall coconut trees, colorful wild flowers and of course, magnificent beaches. Although it was very hot and humid at this time of the year too.

Here's a list of places I visited - Puttur, Saligrama, Giliyaar [Kota], KatpaDi and nearby places, Marvante, Udupi, Mangalore.

The temples I visited..too many...Udupi Sri Krishna temple, Kollur Mookaambike, Kukke Subramanya, Murudeshwara [in Uttara Kannada] to name a few known ones.

Will be posting the pictures soon.

2 comments:

Samparka said...

Its awesome to be in MANGALORE .. me missing it :( and a nice profile pic - suites the name :-)

Waiting for the pics :-)

Anonymous said...

The pic that u hav put up suits your blog! I was wondering why u took such a snap when I saw it first at home. Now I know!

Namratha