June 29, 2010

Nazar ki baat

Lots of songs talk about speaking through the eyes. My all time fav being Shuba Mudgal's 'Seekho na'

Seekho na naino ki bhasha piya
Keh rahi tumse yeh khamoshiyaan
Seekho na...
lab to na kholungi mein..Samjho dil ki boli

Seekho na naino ki bhasha piya

On a trip last weekend, I got a chance to listen to some very old songs. One of them was 'Aji root kar ab'. The antara had these lines.

jo dil men hain hothon pe laana bhi mushkil
magar us ko dil men chhupaanaa bhi mushkil
nazar ki zubaan ko samajh jaaiyega
samajh kar zara gaur faramaaiyega

My love for hindi movie songs and lyrics continues to grow!! :-D




2 comments:

Prasapat said...

May be you should experiment "Seekho na" with Sameer :D. I bet he would enjoy it!! LOL

vinu said...

@pras: naninon ki bhasha to door ki baat hain..let him first understand what I speak! :-D