May 24, 2012

Naam gum jaayega

This is one of my all time favorite songs. No, make it my most favorite song! This song is so peaceful, I feel very calm when I listen to this. Although I must admit, this is one of the very few songs in which a few words and meanings (in the antaras) I did not get!

From the movie 'Kinara' (directed by Gulzar), its been sung amazingly by Lata Mangeshkar and Bhupinder. His makhmali voice is brilliant, but he is often overshadowed by Kishore Kumar and Mohd. Rafi, when it comes to songs of that era. 
You need to listen to some of his other brilliant songs too - biti na bitayi raina, do deewane shehar mein, huzoor is kadar, thodi si zamin thoda aasman.




Movie: Kinara (1977)
Singers: Lata Mangeshkar, Bhupinder
Music Director: R.D. Burman
Lyricist: Gulzar


Lyrics: (adopted from hindilyrix.com and changed spellings)


naam gum jaayega, chehra ye badal jaayega
meri aawaaz hee pehchaan hai, gar yaad rahe


wakt ke sitam kam haseen nahi, aaj hain yahaan kal kahein nahin
wakt ke pare agar mil gaye kahein, meri aawaaz hee. ..


jo guzar gayee, kal ki baat thee, umr to nahein yek raat thee
raat kaa siraa agar fir mile kahein, meri aawaaz hee.. ..


din dhale jahaa raat paas ho, zindagi ki lau unchee kar chalo
yaad aaye gar kabhi jee udaas ho, meri aawaaz hee.. ..



As usual, the video follows. And I must say, i love Jitendra in such composed roles (also in Parichay)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humble reminder. Ae you due an entry on Sid??

Prasapat said...

Chennagide...aadreee swalpa slow for my taste :)

vinu said...

@anon: yep, but tat'll have to wait for sometime.
@prasanna: hehe :) then u'll prob not like 'is moD se jaaten hain' either, which is also one of my all-time fav ;-D