August 18, 2006

Musings

Nagme hain shikwe hain kisse hain baatein hain

Baatein bhool jaati hain...yaadein yaad aati hain..

This is exactly how I felt when I conversed with my colleague and ex-classmate yesterday while going back home.

Well, I had safely locked away the memories of those 2 years in a dark closet somewhere deep in the abyss of my mind. I also made sure I tossed away the key into oblivion.But the talk rekindled all those memories. The lost key re-surfaced and lo-and-behold, the door was wide-open!

Sigh!! Locking away memories don’t help. Do they???

Back then, I was sincere (wasn't even bunking my language classes!!- I liked reading the so called “lessons”- but that’s a different story), studious, loyal, fidgety, clumsy, easily influenceable..and oh..silly too!! :-) A few of these aspects have stubbornly persisted. Sent the rest into hibernation.

Those years taught me a lot. Won’t get into the details of it. After all, it was supposed to have been forgotten. Remember?!?!? :-D Most importantly, I learned to survive, against all odds (well, I might be exaggerating a wee bit here, but it was what I felt then!)

And off I go to recover the lost treasures of time. Adios!

No comments: